Hmmm, so the tummy troubles continue. The doctor now thinks that perhaps I have a bug - but I find that they rarely listen as much as they presume they know what is happening with you.

I did see a dietician, who was the one who pushed me towards Ensure, One Resource etc as the protein shakes I was making had started to burn my mouth and throat. But they gave me a couple of days of diarrhea, which, as you can imagine doesn't aid in keeping the food and fluids with you.

For the last two days I have been able to eat almost nothing without throwing up. The gave me maxeran (sp ?), which did less than gravol - and gravol helped but not enough to let me eat. The nurse today wondered if it was just an extreme case of heartburn, the doctor thinks it's a bug, and I'm not sure how much the super thick and disgusting mucus that I keep trying to clear plays into this.

Today in the radiation machine, I started to get really worried that I was going to end up throwing up in there... made it through but ended up gagging and retching afterwards.

But today they gave me an IV bag at the hospital with Zofran, and that helped a lot and quickly. I was able to eat some tonight although I am running around in circles trying to find options that won't make the situation worse. Then I'm going to take gravol over the weekend and see where we stand on Monday. The one godsend is that I am being hydrated everyday - so I'm getting a litre of fluids every day via the picc line. And, they did bloodwork today and said they'd call if it was not good - and there was no call.

The good thing is that I am pretty overweight, so starvation won't be happening anytime soon.

Cheryl - I'm going to try a flavourless protein shake tomorrow - I stopped making them because the fruit burned my throat and the peanut butter gave too much texture - but your idea is a good one, just soy milk and the vegan protein powder with some maple syrup. If I can get that down, I'll be happy...

Age 48, Rabid non-smoker, Mom, horse lover
Diagnosed SCC Feb 11/14
CT Scan showed three larger than normal lymph nodes
Partial Gloss & SND Mar 25, 2014
Nodes Clear/ 3mm margin / RADs recommended
Began RADs May 20, 2014 (30 in total) ENDED June 30th