Hi, LWP. You are not whining because there's a sort of wry self-awareness in your tone that is far from a whining sound:) I have felt just like you through both surgery and rsdiation.
A good cry can be cathartic although it's difficult when your kids are young. Writing, writing about your fear, pain, frustration and disappointment can help too. I love what you say about Canada's short but awesome summer because I always wondered how you guys coped with all that SNOW!
I hope you can get adequate pain relief from your RO. I refuse to feel pain if it can be thwarted by drugs. Felt very little during the whole 6 weeks, finishing on 19 May. Was given Oxycodone which I believe is almost identical to morphine and had the benefit in its immediate release form of delivering a mild euphoria. I'm also on anti-depressants and seeing a psychologist. Like you I've had a pile of disasters, one on top of the other and needed help.
I'm older and have no pressing responsibilities but remember how I felt when I got ovarian cancer at 49. First thought is to protect the kids who are just entering adolescence or adult life and it's hard, hard, hard.
Wishing you all the best.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.