Try making your own protein shakes. You can minimize the carnage to your tastebuds by putting whatever you like into them - or nothing at all if you want it to be flavorless.

I use a vegan protein (two actually) chocolate and vanilla flavors (they have berry and flavorless too) - add fresh fruit. and for the lactose intolerant (or vegans/veg heads like myself) I add sugar free vanilla almond milk. Christine puts peanut butter and ice cream in hers. So it's an anything goes situation.

It packs a protein punch, calories (I add flax too) and is healthy and tolerable. (I have been doing this since treatment was over and Even though I feel terrific - I still have a massive smoothie every morning to kick off my day. But now I make sure it actually tastes decent.

If you have no taste at this point - then add veggies too - beets - kale - greens etc...

Hugs... it sucks but you can do it.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan