Four months - Improvement continues, albeit at a slow pace.

Weight has remained steady at about 190 (42 lb weight loss). It's nice to have a flat belly.

Hair has completely returned on back of neck.

Roughly half my taste has returned. I can taste everything at some level, but many things taste only about half as good as they did pre-treatment. Mouth is still a little sensitive to hot foods or liquids and to spicy food.

Sinus drainage that dries in my throat is the most noticeable remaining side effect. The NeilMed sinus irrigator gets used anytime I feel that crud in my throat; it works great though it took awhile to get used to it. At first it was gross, choking, coughing, spitting, in general it just made a mess. Now I know how much water to squirt each time such that I get the cleansing without all the other.

Nightly use of a humidifier by the bed helps a lot towards preventing the formation of said throat crud.

What I've written here today sounds so much like what I've written the last two or three times. I'm sure it sounds like no improvement is occuring. That's not true, the improvement has just slowed down, which I expect is how it is for many.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good