Five Weeks Post Treatment - Everything just continues to improve.

Taste is beginning to come back nicely. I estimate I have 25% of my taste back. I can taste everything, it just doesn't last throughout the meal. Spicy foods do irritate the mouth/throat, not enough mind you to stop eating. A sip of milk does a good job of calming the spicy.

Mucositis is gone I think. The tongue is where it was worst and that's gone now.

Rope mucous - is still here, but it's not too bad. I notice it mostly in the morning after waking up. Still use the warm salty baking soda gargle to soften it up so I can get it out.

Weight is returning nicely since I eat regular food now. I've switched back to 2% milk from whole milk to start watching the calories and fat a little more. I'd like to maintain an average weight of 200, which is a very good weight for me.

Dry mouth is very infrequent, almost a non-event.

Hair loss on back of neck - someone at bridge said they thought it's beginning to come back.

Other than that metallic taste in mouth about 1/3 of the time I have no adverse symptoms.

Tony

Last edited by n74tg; 02-01-2014 04:36 AM.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good