Hi Cheryl - I too welcome you to this new family. It's a good one, no it's a great one as we all have something big in common, the C; either as a patient or as a caregiver. So, unlike many friends or even relatives we do to a certain extent know what you are going through now and have in the past. Everything you feel we have felt too (collectively).

So, maybe the first thing you need here, even before you start getting advice about what to do with Doug, is to start developing some individual friendships here on the forum. There are a lot of really good people here willing to do that. As you read what people write you will be able to tell if that is a person you want to become a closer friend too.

Here on the forum we have Personal Messages (PM's for short). If you want to talk privately to an individual just click their username and choose Send Message. It will go just to them and can be read only by them. Their response will be equally private.

At the top of each page if you have a blinking flag next to the words My Stuff, that means someone sent you a PM. Click on the flag to read it.

I'm sending you a PM after writing this.

Again, welcome to the family.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good