Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98957 07-07-2009 02:49 PM
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline

One of our newer volunteers, Sara Ahmed, is trying to put together a fundraiser for Chicago in the fall. We are in talks right now of what we will be doing. She is also planning an oral cancer walk for next year in the Chicago area as well. If anyone who lives in the area and would like to be on the committee, please send me a message and I will hook you up with her. She could use allthe help she can get. She is very anxious to help OCF, her cousin is battling oc and she really wants to help spread the message of oc awareness. Your help would be greatly appreciated. If you have some time and really want to make a difference, please contact me!! Thank you so much!

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

LETS MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Susan,
I am here for you all. Where should I send my info.?

Noemi

Brother diagnosed SCC August 2005, radiation and chemo- 2 rounds, total glossectomy Sept. 2007, passed away May 21, 2008
"Everyday is beautiful" he stated on a cold and foggy Chicago winter day.

Hi Noemi,

Thank you so much for getting back to us,You can email me your contact information and best time to call you at [email protected]
Once again Thank you & Talk to you soon.

P.S. Thanks a lot Susan for starting this post.

Sara A.
State Chapter Coordinator- Chicago,IL
OCF

"THE DAY YOU DECIDE TO DO IT, IS YOUR LUCKY DAY"
OP Offline

Hi Noemi,

Thank you for wanting to volunteer! WE appreciate your help so much. You can contact Sara, I beleive she gave you her email, [email protected].

Sara can explain what we are trying to do so far.

Thank you so much and I will keep in touch!

Susan

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

LETS MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndlors01, Kval, iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina
13,107 Registered Users