Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Eileen Offline OP
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OP Offline

Hi Guys,
Well I finally bought a new computer for home in hopes that I would be to post from there again. However, when I attempt to log on by clicking on the LOGON from the forum screen and typing in my name and password, it does not log me on. It also does not tell me it is not logging me on or that anything is invalid.

What do I have to do to get it to recognize my new computer? It's a Dell running Windows XP 2003 with MacAfee. This is getting maddening.

Thanks,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I
Eileen Offline OP
OP Offline

HELP. What do I need to click on and where? Do I click on REGISTERED USERS or do I need to click on something else. Do I need to send an email to have my profile updated with new machine IP? Is there a browser setting I need to change? I can't seem to get logged onto the forum on the new machine.

Eileen

----------------------

Eileen

I have no insight into OCF server set up and could not log in as a returning customer on the OCF store when I joined (luckily I have several email addresses so just registered) Logging into any password site with a new computer can be tricky since your new computer does not have the magic "cookie". I suggest you go to the forum page, go to registered users, fill out the user name box and your password then hit enter. I always get confused because some sites just want charm2017 and others want [email protected] (I left xxx so spiders don't harvest my email and spam me to death). Good luck
I didn't know you could even buy computers anymore with XP. I don't think it is your McAfee as I actually activated my 30 day free trial just so I could formally register and review OCF as a SAFE site not to be blocked. I was the first reviewer on the McAfee web site for OCF. I will just let it lapse as I find that my own personally configured router on top of my cable company's modem and Windows Defender all together work just as well as expensive security suites
I share your frustration and we miss your posts. Get on line soon

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13

You are already registered, so just log on. Same with email and everything else. But you have to go to the site to sign in.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
Eileen Offline OP
OP Offline

Charm and Jim,

I go to Registered Users and hit enter and it takes me to the forum without logging me in which is what I would expect. I click on LOG IN on the top line on the right and it brings up the screen for user name and password. I enter the correct information WITHOUT telling it to remember password( I cut and paste the PW from the letter OCF sent the last time it changed), hit enter and do NOT get logged in and do NOT get any error. It just takes me back to the forum.

As for XP, you have to pay extra for it, but you can still get it from Dell. Machine comes with BOTH Vista and XP. You need to scroll way down the side with desktops until you see XP.

Hasn't anyone here bought a new computer and can tell me what I am doing wrong?

Eileen

----------------------

Sounds unusaal to me but i am a compute illiterate. I bouhgt a cordless keyboard and mouse and I am having problems with it. It sure is smooth and quiet. Thinking about intgroing it to my blender or 16lb sledge.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here
"OCF Down Under"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
"OCF Down Under"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Stick with it Jim. I am in I.T. and sometimes I also have problems with the smallest of issues.
Took quite a while to get my GPS car system to connect to my computer to update the latest maps.
Get one of the grand kids to do it when there next and save yourself the aggravation.
Otherwise you will need to buy a new blender and have to set that up wink
They no doubt will have it working in minutes.
Cheers
Gabriele

History Leukoplakia bx 8/2006 SCC floor mouth T3N0M0- Verrucous Carcinoma.
14 hour 0p SCC-Right ND/excision/marginal mandibulectomy 9/2006, 4 teeth removed, flap from wrist, trach-ng 6 days- no chemo/rad.
6 ops and debulking (flap/tongue join) + bx's 2006-2012.
bx Jan 2012 Hyperkeratosis-Epithelial Dysplasia
24cm GIST tumour removed 8/2013. Indefinite Oral Chemo.

1/31/16 passed away peacefully surrounded by family

Eileen Offline OP
OP Offline

Let's get serious here guys. Joking aorund on this thread is not getting me logged into OCF on my new computer.

Doesn't anyone use more than one computer on this forum? What did you have to do get it to recognize the new computer?

Thanks,
Eileen

----------------------
"OCF Canuck"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

[quote=Eileen]Let's get serious here guys. Joking aorund on this thread is not getting me logged into OCF on my new computer.

Doesn't anyone use more than one computer on this forum? What did you have to do get it to recognize the new computer?

Thanks,
Eileen [/quote]

I use my work computer (a windows xp based machine) and my home machine (a mac) and have never had a problem logging on on either of them. I also have a second Mac and a Windows Vista based machine (fairly new) at home and can log in with either of them. I know this doesn't help you however it does let you know that it's possible.

I would suggest that you try a couple things though. Firstly, disable the Windows firewall to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't then disable your anti-virus software (but don't forget to re-enable it) to see if you can log in with it disabled. That would at least let you know if either the firewall or the anti-virus software is at fault.

Good luck.

Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

I'm not sure what the problem is either....I use my home computer, a laptop and computer at work. Have never had any trouble with logging in and between the 3 computers am using both XP home, professional and Vista. Try not copying and pasting the login info - you might be copying one extra little space or something. I've had that happen on other programs. Just type it in and see what happens.

CG to H with SCC BOT T4N2cM0 dx 12/19/08, teeth removed pre-tx; Erbitux & RT-done 3/12/09, PEG 2/9/09-7/14/09; ND 6/16. Pet 6/12-no mets except lymph node in neck removed on 6/16. Chyle leak,2nd surg to repair. Dilate esophagus 4/15/10. Clear PET 12/17/10
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics