Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Benny Hill and Are You Being Served are 2 of my favorites. They all fit their parts perfactly. LOL

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

Hi Susan,
I'm to see you back but I wish it was under different circumstances. I certainly empathize with your fear however and you certainly don't seem like a hypochondriac to me, especially after all that you have been through with Ed. There's lots of things it could be besides OC.

Tell Ed "Hi" and to get his butt in the survivor checkin. We just can't get enough hope sround here. Maybe some of it will rub off on you too. I will pray that your fears are unfounded and there is a simple non-cancerous explanation for this.

The FEAR acronym has been floating around AA meetings for many years.

I should also add that my wife had been a Faulty Towers, Monty Python and Green Man as well. We both listen to NPR and enjoy the BBC news broadcasts every day.

Last edited by Gary; 01-16-2009 01:28 PM.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Hi Susan - and let's hope that it is indeed "sympathetic OC" like Mark mentioned, and nothing serious.
However, being that my one of my favorite subjects was brought up (British humor tv shows), I have to (with a blush and downward cast eyes) add that we are taken in by a strange little addition called "Little Britain" - Susan, if you want to take your mind off your f-e-a-r, catch one of these shows and mind you, you will temporarily forget your troubles. But don't say you heard it HERE!
To British comedy...........JaneP smile

Husband: 3 SCC gum and cheek cancers 2002, 2005, 2006: surgery only. Scans clear after removal of small, well differentiated, non-invasive cancers. No radiation. 4th SCC lip diagnosed 4/13/07 - in situ, removed in biopsy. More lip removed 2/8/08 - dysplasia. 2 Biopsies 3/17/09 no cancer (lichenoids)
OP Offline

YIPPEE!!! Thank you Lord! I dodged the bullet. It hurts like hell where they carved out the mass(es) but path results received today say: "Specimen A & B - BENIGN SQUAMOUS EPITHELIUM AND REACTIVE LYMPHOID TISSUE. -BOTH NEGATIVE FOR DYSPLASIA AND MALIGNANCY." When they got in there, there were TWO masses. Midline (the one that's been bothering me) and on the right side, base of tongue that wasn't visible until I was out.

When I spoke with the doctor today he said he looked really hard to find absolutely anything that looked even remotely odd (I told him no wise cracks likewise to you guys!)... smile

Sore but happy day. Went to work for half a day and just wanted to come home and be quiet. Too early to tell if it resolved the other weird symptoms since everything is so deeply sore. One of those things you can't quite pin point any more.

I sure will do my best to get Ed visiting more. Between working ungodly hours and communting to/from Canada and recovering from massive burns on 20% of his body... It's no wonder he hasn't been on the board more.

The one time I actually cook and he dumped 1.5 gallons of Tortilla Bean Soup on himself. (A bit extreme to avoid eating my cooking, don't ya know.) It was scary and we just hit the 3 week mark on recovery time. Hopefully there won't be any long term scarring and we can't get our arms around time frames for growing back so much skin w/o massive scars. Plastic surgeon says he doesn't anticipate any grafts. The pain bites and some times it sounds like Ed might, too. He even burned a spot on his tender post radiation baby skin. Now it's baby pink not toasty brown. frown He's still cute as a bug, though.

Thanks for the love and support! I'll be sure to check in and keep my eye on stuff, not just my own panic stuff!

Blessings to all!

Susan

so glad for your good report. hope your pain ends soon too!

Rita - Age 44
wife, mother of 4 - ages 3,16,21,24 & grandma to 1
(R upper) Maxillectomy 8/8/08 - UW / Seattle, WA.

===============================

"Those who think by the inch and speak by the yard, should be kicked by the foot."

Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Woohooooooo!

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.
Senior Member (100+ posts)
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Congrats Susan - Great news!!! What a relief.....

Age 41 - Stage 2 SCC tongue Dx 2/06. Cisplatin x3, IMRT x35. Mets to neck node discovered 7/07. RND 40 nodes removed, margins not clear. Cisplatin, Taxotere, 5-FU Fall 07, then IMXT/Erbitux for 7 wks. Inoperable mets to both lungs and pleura Dx Oct'08. 4 cycles Carboplatin, Erbitux, 5-FU so far.

Congrats Susan and may all of your checkups go as well. I have a used firesuit that can be used for cooking as well. Ouch, I bet Ed can use it. THat had to hurt an continue hurting for awhile. Have a great day both of you.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here

Susan - Terrific news - keep the good words flowing!

Husband: 3 SCC gum and cheek cancers 2002, 2005, 2006: surgery only. Scans clear after removal of small, well differentiated, non-invasive cancers. No radiation. 4th SCC lip diagnosed 4/13/07 - in situ, removed in biopsy. More lip removed 2/8/08 - dysplasia. 2 Biopsies 3/17/09 no cancer (lichenoids)
"OCF Canuck"
"OCF Canuck"

That is such wonderful news Susan. Tell your hubby that I am still waiting to have coffee with him (I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada).

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users