Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87178 01-02-2009 09:10 AM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
OP Offline

Another question I want to put out there to see if is a part of the "new normal". I have been going long time of no sleep no sleep no sleep and today I just am so tired I am feeling I am sleeping my life away. I am just soooo tired... still keeping an eye on a few issues concerning ears, nose and head mostly seem to do with pressure and really not painful. My nose seems to be stuffy and dry and I get pressure headaches (but not painful headaches)similar to a sinus headache and muscle chest pain every time I try to do exercise there is a very painful pulling below my collar bone...Comparing side my left side disection is almost back to normal but my right where the tumor was still I think has a way to go. Ok rambling back on topic I guess I just want to talk to someone anyone who has been through this...sleep I want to go back to bed again now...My back is actually allowing me to take walks started cause had to do something...only 10-15 min walk but baby steps right...Sleep should be good right and not a sign of something wrong like infection? God I am a hypocondriac but back to that scared thing...I am holding tight till massage but I guess I just wanted to ask if this is still all new normal.

Thanks for listening

PS still no cigararettes YAY ME!!

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY
darkeyedlady0 #87184 01-02-2009 11:59 AM
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

tiredness can be because of what your body has been through and it can also be a sign something underneath is brewing. so, while i would not worry unless you are given reason, i would mention it to the doctor. when our bodies have been thru a lot, they need much more rest than normal. i would give it rest at a good time of night ... earlier maybe than what you are used to - be in bed by 8 or 9 latest and get a good night sleep = get exercise during the day and some fresh air ... and only give in to a nap if you have to, but if it feels necessary, then go for it. remember tiredness can also be a sign of depression which can sneak up on you after something like this ... so watch for that - your mind may be fighting a harder battle than what you realize yet.

my best to you my dear

Rita - Age 44
wife, mother of 4 - ages 3,16,21,24 & grandma to 1
(R upper) Maxillectomy 8/8/08 - UW / Seattle, WA.

===============================

"Those who think by the inch and speak by the yard, should be kicked by the foot."

azcallin #87338 01-05-2009 05:05 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Rita for replying...this sure has been wierd!!! Not sleeping even during recovery anyway not much couldn't with the nurse, physiotheropist, and dietician coming,,,it was very hard to get sleep then came the can't sleep till 4 or 5 in the morning and now well I can fall asleep real easy but can't stay asleep... up more than asleep...I don't think I am depresses and as far as something brewing one can never be too careful...but waiting to see massage therapist in hopes to move the fluid around to alieve the tension...For now just sleep when I can and am keeping a running things I have noticed for when I see the doctor in London. When I called told them I was having trouble sleeping they told me that that was my family doctor's realm but he does't see the necessity and that I don't warrant something to help sleep...I don't think he is very up with cancer treatments cause as I have mentioned before that two months ago he didn't understand why I needed pain killers at two months out of surgery. He is very much in the dark. Anyway I am keeping a list and checking it twice of everything I notice. Mostly feels like pressure headaches and pressure earaches which I have been told can be caused through jaw trauma. I am also keeping all the imput from my friends here is helping... thanks...

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY
darkeyedlady0 #87340 01-05-2009 06:29 PM
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Hi Diane,

I have had bouts with sleeping issues. Sometimes I take tylenol PM or some other sleep aid. If you think it may be anxiety triggered I have definitly gone through that. My therapist gave me some solutions. If you are interested in what I have learned let me know..I'll send you a PM.

I'm really happy you are able to takes short walks. I try to walk everyday and it really helps the mind, body and spirit. Congrats on cigaretts...that is great!!! Just wanted you to know I'm here to listen:)

Suzanne

Suzanne
T1 SCC on right side of tongue
Age 31...27 when diagnosed
4 partial glossectomies
No chemo or radiation
Biopsy on 2/2/10-Clear
Surgery needed again...no later than April 2011
Loving life and just became a mother on 11/25/10
It's not what we CAN'T do..it's what we CAN do:)
suzanne98 #87346 01-05-2009 07:46 PM
"OCF Canuck"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
"OCF Canuck"
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

[quote=suzanne98]Hi Diane,

I have had bouts with sleeping issues. Sometimes I take tylenol PM or some other sleep aid. If you think it may be anxiety triggered I have definitly gone through that. My therapist gave me some solutions. If you are interested in what I have learned let me know..I'll send you a PM.

Suzanne [/quote]

Just in case Diane isn't aware of this: the Tylenol PM sold in the U.S. is different than the Canadian formula. My folks pick Tylenol PM up whenever they visit the U.S. (usually in Port Huron, Michigan) as they like to use it as a sleep inducer. I tried some last time I visited and it does work very well compared to the Canadian version.

Mike T #87350 01-05-2009 08:09 PM
OP Offline

Thanks folks but because of Diabeties I have to be very careful of what I take...I would have to ask Doctor first although not to be judgemental but in my opinion his practice is from the dark ages...

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics