Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Yes just pretend the liquid food is rocket fuel and power on through this stuff. Try and find other outlets for pleasure right now until your old favs come back on the menus. Nice smelling candles-- showers- walks in the park-- fav tv shows movies-- music a soft blanket- emails with friends-- buying flowers- Anything but food needs to be your focus right now. Its really hard but it will get better. Weird how obsessed with food everyone is isn't it?? I never realized it until it was taken away from me. ITs everywhere- people's whole lives revolve around it-- social functions revolve around i-- commercials on tv-- its non stop.. After awhile of being totally upset and frsustrated I actually just tried to enjoy the smell of food while I couldn't enjoy the taste or swallow of it-- and once I trained my mind toenjoy it and not let it torture me I was OK. NOT an easy task.

Feel for ya Debz! Hang in there babe.

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
OP Offline
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

misskate what a wonderful idea, fill my life with the good things, i love that and am going to follow your advice, thank you.

Ok well hubby told me i got the wrong syrup?!!!! ding bat i am, he went and got the right stuff and man oh man it works a treat pancakes waffles french toast all melt in my mouth sooo yummy

off to go get fat...read you all later..debz

Age 40 Diagnosed with stage 4 SCC tongue, sept 07 started 35 radiation treatments and 3 chemo Had my first follow up PET - got the all clear 17th April 2008.
26th Had my PEG tube removed...eating almost everything. Was hard but learned to eat without saliva, it's so good to chew and swallow food!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics