It's been a long while since I logged in and I wanted to give everybody an update on my mom Barbara who had surgery to replace her jaw with her femur and titanium plate back in November. She is doing reasonably well. Eating is still pretty difficult for her and she drools a lot so she is constantly carrying around a papertowel or napkin. She got some false teeth and has managed to gain a little weight back. Her speech is ok but overall she is doing much better. She had no pain at all anymore and this is such a blessing. She looks a little different and people really stare at her because all her prior surgeries were not noticeable but the scars from this surgery are VERY noticeable. She was pretty self conscious for a while but she's gotten over that. Her leg still hasn't completely healed and it's a VERY nasty scar..people have suggested a wound doctor. But all in all she here cancer free and getting better every day.

Thank you everybody for everything especially Minnie!!!!!!

Take care,
Dani

Originally joined OCF on 12/12/03 as DaniO or Danijams
Dani-Mom SCC BOT & floor of mouth surgery-recur then surgery/rads & chemo completed 3/04
surgery 11/06 to remove dead bone & replace jaw w/ leg bone & titanium plate