Hi,
I was sicker for the first two weeks after treatment than I thought possible. My radiologist told me it would be just as if I was still going through treatment and he was so right. I felt for a while I would never feel good again, I slept all the time, lived on my pain pills and thank God for the feeding tube I managed to stay alive. But my Dr. also said around the 3rd week I would wake up one morning and feel better and it would just get better and better every day. He was so right. I do feel better every day, stronger too. I am hoping to get back to work some time soon. I still get very tired if I try to do too much but it is so tempting to just do things now that I feel better. I had only 29 IMRT treatments and two cyclplatin doses, I had to quit because i got so sick, and lost so much weight I didn't think I was going to make it so if your dad is doing as good as he is my hats off to him. I am 61 years old so that may be why I am a little slow on the strength regaining side of things but as long as I can get up each morning and feel better, I am thankful. Have your dad hang in there, it will get better.