Yesterday was a nice day for all. My sister came with her two kids, my Nana, and the girls and I were all together for the afternoon. We, Eddie and I, took my parents, his dad and the girls out to dinner after. My mom was able to eat a little of the crab cake she ordered, she had some of Jackie's roasted duck--easy for her to eat!, some of my salmon, and an O'Douls beer.

She amazes me. She has been through so much, still facing different challenges with the lymphedema, and yet, puts on a happy face and goes out to have a nice night--I think she did it for all of us!

Hoping and Praying for more days like these. She does so much better when surrounded by everyone.

From the caregiver perspective: WOW!! It felt kind of normal, and gave me so much hope.

Thanks everyone, I know I couldn't have made it this far without all of you.

Love,
Donna

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.