Hello everybody,
My dad just did his first two rad treatments and one chemo this week. He is doing ok. He was a little sick yesterday but he says it isn't too bad. The hardest thing for him I think is just getting up and getting in the car. It has been a challenge getting used to the whole routine. A huge lifesyle change. Somedays I feel so bad because he is not allowed to eat before his treatment-tests, and its over an hour drive to the treatment facility and he is there 5-6 hours and then the drive back home. He is just wiped when he gets home. If you didn't have cancer you would be wiped out. We are working on taking some cans of boost and stuff in the car for the ride. You learn really fast about being prepared. He has his pain patches and some liquid pain meds and some pills so he can sleep. His face is getting some pain I think because of the nerves in and around the jaw. My dad doesn't really say much about anything else, so it is all going ok for now. Good luck to all who are starting treatment. (Yeah!!! for all who are finished!)

karen and dad