This was a huge surprise. Three weeks after my first big-dose nasty Cysplatin chemo treatment, which I apparently tolerated very well, my hair started falling out by the fistful. I have about half my hair left in 6 days, should be totally bald in another week or so. I wasn't supposed to lose ANY hair, I was told by my oncologist, so cancelled the 2nd chemo until we could find out what was what. He was a little surprised at this happening, agreed that maybe I was very sensitive to it, and that I wouldn't do any more chemo. Reluctantly, as he sure would have liked me to do the whole 9 yards, but I wasn't taking any chances.

So now I'm prepped with a buzz cut (I feel like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree) and chemo headgear.

Does anyone know if there are organizations/homes who could use unused cases of Jevity and the headgear when I'm done?

And how long does it take for hair to grow back in to combable length again? Does it always come back different in texture/curl/color? Would bald be a good time to add Rogaine in the mix?

Thanks!

Sharon