| Supporting Member (50+ posts) Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 50 Likes: 5 | I am blessed to have survived 22 years since I was diagnosed with SCC of the base of my tongue which spread to my neck.
Nonetheless I have suffered many long term effects which have significantly reduced my quality of life.
Most recently my pancreas has given out. First it was only the part that produces digestive enzymes. Now it is the entire organ, and I have been diagnosed with Type 3c diabetes. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this.
DX SCC T3N1M0 R BOT 10/04 135lbs TX Hemi-Gloss 11/04 MET Neck 12/04 TX 01/05 G-Tube,PortCath,6wks chem+6wks chem& IMRT,Max dose 06/05 RND,42 nodes 1 bad,All clear 120lbs DX femoral hernia 09/09,repair 10/09 94lbs HBO 11-12/10 11/10 All teeth out,05/11 dentures DX hypothyroid,04/13 DX inguinal hernia,repair,04/15 127lbs DX cachexia (CACS),03/16 98lbs DX EPI, TX PERT,10/18 115lbs DX RFS,11/18 DX iron anemia,02/19 118lbs DX calcified atheroma carotid DX Stercoral Colitis DX Hepatic Encephalopathy
|