Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Everyone,
I'm diagnosed with SCC at Tumor connecting with retromolar trigone, Biopsy report state Well-Differentiated Squamous Cell Carcinoma"

Mri report states: 3.5 cm length by 2.8 cm diameter of enhancement. Ramus of the Mandible is unremarkable with no Cortical erosion of altered bone marrow signal, no destruction of alveolus.

My H/Neck surgeon is skeptical about the surgery as he says it will be intensive due to Trismus already there and only 1 cm mouth opening available. He is consulting with radiologist and will advise his final decision but so far he says my jaw and lips dissection seems necessary as without this tumor will not be removed.

I would like to know if anyone else is going through same type of diagnosis and what their physician is suggesting? Or if anyone gone through same location tumor surgery so WHT were the results?

Thanks

A. Aijaz
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

You haven’t posted a follow up to what the doctors are choosing to do. I and many others have been through all this including the trismus that compromises so much in life. If you have specific questions I and others would like to try and help you with experience based answers. I think your post was overlooked because it was very general in nature, and any of us could write a several hundred page book about our experiences. The question and answer format of the board lends itself to asking more specific questions, and even many of them that can be answered one at a time about what to expect. Please post again so we can give you more detailed answers to your questions. B

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics