Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#201038 11-10-2021 08:11 PM
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
OP Offline
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

I had a oral cancer in 2007, 2010 and 2013. I have had my left jaw removed and rebuilt, front right corner of my tongue remove and flab in place. I fought hard to speak again and surprise the doctor how I my speech is. It fair from perfect, but I get by.
This year been nuts, April I had some oral precancerous cell removed in the back of mouth. In July the doctor found more under the front bridge and removed it in Sept, then durning the surgery he took my samples. They came back as more precancerous cells and Oct 25th he went in and remove it. The last two surgery has been around my dental implants and when the doctor called you know it not good. He told me he found a small spot of cancer and wanted to confirmed it before telling me. It was round the implants in the front, the doctor thinks I have a allergic reactions to metals and thing the implants was causing. This week I been going through metal allergy test, today was follow after the patch was place on. So far only one patch area has a slight reaction. It the Aluminum Hydroxide, she said it only a stage 1 and this is in whitening toothpaste and I do not use that.

So with everything going on, I was so shocked and very upset. It took a few days to calm down, this round he will have remove the front jaw to part of the left jaw. They are having a brace made to match my jaw they are taken it. Then they take the bone from the right leg, since they used the left leg in 2010. I almost told the doctor I did not want to fight and just let it run it course. Dr. Hunt who is my doctor will remove the cancer and jaw. Then Dr. Cannon will come in and do the repair work. I meet with Dr. Cannon and he was asking where the Jaw Surgery Done, I told him it was done in Seattle by Dr. Mendez. He told me he trained under Dr. Mendez and was trained on the Robotic surgery. This made be felt a little more at easy knowing he worked and trained under Dr. Mendez.

I hope this time I freak out the nurse again, the tongue surgery in 2013 was done by Dr. Hunt. After I was moved out of ICU Dr. Jensen the brain doctor stop to see me and how things was going. We visited and when he left, the nurse goes to my parents. I did not know he also has brain cancer. My mom goes, no he does not. Dr. Jensen and my son was in high school together.

Round 1 5/2007 - 35 Rad treatments and 6 chemo of cisplatin
TPN feeding for 5 months during treatment and after.
Tumor was on the right side of the tongue.

Round 2. Tumor on the lower back right jaw area. Surgery on 3/12/2010 to remove the tumor, rebuild the jaw and some work on the back tongue.
Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

I’m sorry you have to get treatment again. Oral cancer is really an insidious disease. It’s good that yo7 have doctors you can trust. That’s half the battle oftentimes.

The story about Dr. Jensen is funny. It’s amazing you can find something to laugh about in the midst of all your worries. Wishing you all the very best.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.
1 member likes this: exiledbrit

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics