Hi guys, I am the daughter-in-law to a man who I was the advocate for over 13 years ago while living in India. I coordinated his medical care as he underwent treatment for stage IV oral tongue carcinoma. He survived. He is still plugging along today and doing pretty well. It was a great honor to be of any assistance to him.

I am back with a few follow up needs and saw a recent member by the name of DavidCPA whom I still remember! I see he has not been active in a few years but it is pretty impressive that it looks like some of you are still active after so many years. I wish my father in law had participated by alas he prefers to play chess.

I want to share that what he went through was really, really scary at first. Everyone just needed to know what to do with themselves. That made things SO much easier. My father in law was able to get through it and is 100 percent cancer free. Today, oral cancer is a different beast than it was then. Take heart.

Since then I have lost a mother to lung cancer after being her advocate and caretaker. I have become a health advocate for lifestyle-related diseases (which is the vast majority of them) and informally studied nutrition for around 12 years now as it relates to metabolism, neurodegeneration, autoimmunity, heart disease, and inflammation. What I have learned of our health and food systems made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Anyhoo, cancer sucks. Thanks for sticking around for so long. I will be looking for a consultation with an oral surgeon preferably in the Bay Area where we now live regarding some potentially needed tooth extractions.

Stay dank, friends.

Thparkle