Hello, I'm a 38F nonsmoker who's had a 3-4mm (per the ENT) bump on the right lateral border of my tongue. It is not actually located on my tongue but were the bottom of your tongue meets the floor of your mouth. Its way in back by my last molar. Its been there going on 5 months. I saw an ENT for this back in February; he told me it is an enlarged sublingual gland and that he saw nothing that should be biopsied and not to worry about it and that I didnt need to see him again unless it gets to 2cm or bigger or becomes painful. This bump is very round and has never hurt but sometimes it feels irritated; I imagine from rubbing on my teeth. Its pretty much the same color as the rest of my tongue but I feel like the center has a little bit of white. Its hard to say if its really white or just coloration of my mouth being more prominent from that area being stretched. The doctor did not say would would cause an enlarged sublingual gland in this location or how to remedy it. My right ear sometimes feels more full...not really painful but there is some type of sensation..maybe I'm being hyperaware? Hopefully! Bottom line is, do you think I should believe the ENT or push for further testing? I did get a copy of the office visit and it was exactly as it stated. I cant see a dentist because I do not currently have dental insurance and none are open anyway.

Sam