Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#199655 01-03-2020 12:23 AM
OP Offline

Hi Everyone. I'm new here. My 89 year old mom has stage IV tonsil cancer. A year ago, she was diagnosed with a pretty good size tumor in her lung, inoperable even if she was in good health. Now here we are with a pretty large tumor in her throat and she is refusing a biopsy or treatment. So hospice is in place now. She is having trouble pronouncing words, swallowing pills, some breathing issues. Tumor in her throat is almost 5cm. So, what is going to happen? I am fearful that she will suffocate or that it will rupture or I don't even know. It all looks like scenes from a horror movie to me. She has significant osteoporosis of the spine so her breathing is already compromised and she has heart disease. And she is just tired and ready to be done with this life. I get it. But I am worried about the unknown. Can anyone prepare me?

moms baby girl
Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

I think this is what scares me the most...your out of a horror scene comment. I have been on this forum for 16 years and I’ve read a lot of Very scary stuff. I am right here with you going through the same thing thinking the same thoughts. I am in California and a law was passed to allow a euthanasia pill if two doctors can say that they have less than 6 months to live but I’ve heard the process takes extensive psychiatric sessions and takes about 4 months so it is not an option for us...I am so sorry you are going through this too. I am here if you need to talk...

Originally joined OCF on 12/12/03 as DaniO or Danijams
Dani-Mom SCC BOT & floor of mouth surgery-recur then surgery/rads & chemo completed 3/04
surgery 11/06 to remove dead bone & replace jaw w/ leg bone & titanium plate

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics