n 2015. But we all know HPV is systemic and can pop out anytime. Get regular preventative screenings on my bits, but have neglected my oral dental screenings due to time.

Symptoms of concern, prompting this post. Have had chronic left side neck and shoulder pain for about 1 year plus. Went through about 1 year of chronic stress from house rehab sale, knee injury, assault by crazy stranger, death of friend, house move. All in 2019. In August I got the flu and have had a chronic cough since. I'm a smoker (and was drinking heavily as a crap way of dealing with stress around that time) even though I know the risks associated with my HPV status. Ugh

I currently have localized lymph adenopothy on the left side (persistent for 2+months now) in several lymph nodes and left tonsil (most pronounced near jugular), in addition to severe jaw/ neck/ shoulder pain/ discomfort on that side, noticeable change in voice (hoarseness) since the August illness(caked it up to the smoking), double vision at random, nasal and ear congestion on left side.

Doc has noted the symptoms and run a CBC with only slightly elevated neutrophils which she thinks indicates stress, infection, or caused by smoking. I wb as experiencing some serious fatigue for awhile but figured that was just from stress. She noted that the entire lymph system on left side is inflamed and significant irritation in nasal cavities. First thoughts were mosquito born illness from my frequent visits to central America for work.

No noticeable mouth lesions or sore throat. Biggest concerns are the chronic cough, neck and jaw tension/ pain (becomes unbearable at times), the swollen lymph nodes (just over 1cm approx), and random double vision. Just started ab's in case of deep sinus infection, seems to be helping the congestion a bit.

My question is, knowing my risk factors and my body's history with chronic hpv16, how far should I push my doctor in terms of testing. She's terrific, and will absolutely honor my concerns but I need some feedback on whether my concerns are legitimate here. Don't want to be a hypochondriac, but also don't want to be an idiot and not pursue peace of mind appropriately.

Any advice? Thanks all. You're amazing.