Hi all. I haven’t posted for a while but I am a 17 year survivor of stage 4 tonsillar cancer. Had neck dissection, chemo and radiation. I’ve had a few freak out moments throughout the years but have led a fairly normal life. My range of motion is decent and I’m still eating by mouth, so that’s a plus. I’ve always struggled with what I thought was sinus issues on same side as dissection but nothing seems to help when I have the episodes. I steam and spray and It tends to go away as quick as it comes on...typically after a month or so. It’s gripped me with fear but I’ve learned to deal with it up until now. I started feeling sinus fullness (maybe the sphenoid?) coupled with the neck jaw ear pain about 1 month ago.fullness and burning to be exact. I had a sensation of fullness(not quite pain) in my 2nd upper molar on right side. It was tender feeling, maybe a little raw feeling. I had a root canal of that tooth in April and it never felt quite right so he kept the temporary crown on, saying we would wait and see. So middle of October this feeling came over me with a pressury raw feeling near tooth. I went to Endodontist, she did 3-d imaging and said it was fine. So I went to my sinus ent, scoped me and did his usual exam and said it wasn’t my sinus. He referred me to a headache and neurological disorder clinic but also gave me a course of amoxicillin. I filled it but didn’t take it right away because if he didn’t think it an infection then I didn’t see the point. Had blood work, my CBC was all normal. So I went to my ent surgeon who I trust. He scoped me and stuck his finger in my mouth and saw/felt nothing but normal structures. Was reluctant to scan me telling me he would if it gave me peace of mind. I decided to trust him and didn’t do the scan. I left somewhat reassured but these feeling have only progressed. I went to my dentist and he assured me it was not the tooth and determined the source of the discomfort is in that pterygoid muscle in I think the hamular process(?). It’s the area behind the hard ridge, when it turns into the soft palate. So what I feel today is tenderness in that area and I even feel it when a swallow food. I can press on it and feel drainage down my throat. Lots of PND. It throbs, I’ve got a pain/pressure sensation behind my nose, my jaw seems a little full, my ear canal burns. My neck on dissection side is really sore and stiff. And my anxiety is through the roof. I did start taking antibiotic, I’m about halfway through. I called doc today and I’m getting ct of sinuses next Saturday the 30th. Not sure what I’m asking. I guess it just feels good to write it out.i guess I need to be talked off the ledge. I’ve got a feeling that the other shoe is going to drop.😩. Thanks for listening for those that took the time to read this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by Kelley F; 11-22-2019 01:19 PM.

SCC tonsil(left) with contralateral mets. Modified right neck disection August, 2002. 33 rads(62 gy)both sides of neck and 3 cycles cisplatin completed October 25, 2002. 34 yo at time of diagnosis