Hi everyone, I’m a 37 year old single mom who has never smoked and does not drink. Back in May, I noticed a small white spot on right side of my tongue. It’s on the back of my tongue and on the underside, where it meets the floor of my mouth. It is not raised, open, ulcerated or painful. I have no other symptoms. I have seen an ENT twice for this and go back in October. The ENT did a thorough exam and said that it does not look or feel like cancer...also, this spot is flat and about 1mm in size. I have not want to proceed with a biopsy because it seems to be unnecessary and the ENT has not pushed for this but does still mention it. Despite this, it has me very worried. I’m debating if I should just get the biopsy when I go back or not? I’m deathly terrified of the treatment and of the pain of a unnecessary biopsy. I want to know what symptoms others had and if this sounds concerning at all. I should mention this spot is next to one of my back molars so it could be due to friction. At the moment, I am taking high doses of vitamin A hoping that helps but so far no change. I don’t think it looks like to leukoplakia to me..it’s flat, white, painless, and I never would have noticed it if I weren’t looking. Thank you everyone. I should also add that I have severe health anxiety...

Last edited by Ssl; 08-21-2019 08:08 AM.

Sam