Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
OP Offline

Hi Virgo,

Just today, I entered my Signature here, so feel free to read it.

You & I are Totally different on pain medicinrs-- I don't take them.
They make me so sick, so I take Tylenol when needed. My doctors know me as a person who is extremely pain toletant. They tell me I am Way beyond the curve !!

I'm curious, do you have Active cancer now, requiring that hydrocodone? Are you recently post surgery?

I have to say, I can't relate to taking ongoing pain meds.
When I was admitted to hospital Twice during my radiation treatnents, they Made me use the Morphine pump, so I could get relief to be able to drink liquid nutrition.
But once home, I used just Tylenol.

This double surgery-- yeah, I'll be admitted probably 1-2 days.
My voice& swallowing doctor Emailed me today-- telling me that he will be repeating this biopsy & Laser in the Main OR, in a couple months, Ongoing-- because it's the only way to track what this Moderately Dysplastic lesion is doing.

You know, if I were a Normal individual, we wouldn't be so darn concerned. But, look at my Signature and you will see, my cancer is Invasive. Positive Margins, and my last Base of Tongue recurrence extended down to my Supraglottic Larynx. Very grave, bad sign!!I
So, he is rightly worried about it, and my Radiation Oncologist too told me we have to Follow it closely.

No, I don't want yet another mouthful of sutures. But with my 3 recurrences and Spread to my lower lip -- I had sutures from base of tongue forward..... He tried to reconnect the nerves in my tongue, to make it move again ( it did Not work at all)-- my god, the tongue flap was covered in sutures, and the lip was gutted out Twice ..I
What a mess!

I am glad you get out and enjoy life, and that you have someone. Great to spend time with💖!!

Crystal

BJT #198076 04-06-2019 11:50 AM
OP Offline

Hi Bruce !!

Somehow, I missed your message and just today read it!!

How do I keep it together? Well, truthfully I am a very stoic and strong female. I have hobbies and I absolutely love to cook and Bake-- even though I myself can no longer eat.
My doctors and family ( my mother and sister) are right now the recipients of my food.

Today, I am taking my 14 year old Pointer for a walk, then to Lowe's home improvement to buy line needles ( I need 3-4 bales). I drive a 4 door pickup truck...so, I have room to haul stuff like that.

Tuesday I have my EG D with dilation my esophagus...And I'm waiting to hear about next 2 surgeries.

Enough about me-- please tell me about You !!

Crystal

CM57 #198077 04-06-2019 12:00 PM
OP Offline

Hello CM,

Yes, I too am ready for warmer weather!! We are warmer in ND right now-- 75 degrees today.

You've lost weight recently? Are You able to eat real food?

Immunotherapy.... Hmmm, I will answer that one later, dear, because it's a complicated answer. My medical oncologists has talked with me about it, but it could be dangerous in a person like me. I will answer it later.

Right now, heading out to walk dog, and take her with me to Lowes, to buy pine needles for the yard.

I am in some pain with this mouth lesion/ lump/ mass/ whatever it is, but I just shake it off and go do something interesting!!

Back later and we can talk immunotherapy. Have you taken Optivo or Keytruda? If so, what side effects did you have?

little Crystal
By the way, one good thing about tube feeding is it makes my hair grow healthy and long!

Last edited by Crystal J; 04-06-2019 12:01 PM.
OP Offline

Thanks, VM,

This is my second reply to your message.... I hope you can get back to work too, but take care of self as you should.
I did yard work yesterday-- I bought pine needles, 5 bales ( more than I planned on getting) and Spread 3 of them. Great weather, and I want to do much work as needed before I am tied up with healing, and feeling too bad to do it.. I mailed my bills early too!

Drinking lots of fluids today, because tomorrow is a fasting day.

Question-- how long has your Radiation Sore Throat lasted? It seems like mine is never going to leave!!

Crystal

Hi Crystal.
Wow, you have a great outlook on life, and great energy.
Yes, I can eat, but I had never went on a feeding tube, so there were some scary times when I was pretty much on just a diet of nutrition drinks and protein shakes.
Since then, I went to a Nutricianist, a swallowing therapist, and an accupunture therapist.
They all helped me to reverse my weight loss, which continued well after my treatments ended.
Now I eat much better, but nowhere back to normal. But at least I feel better, everyone says I look much better.
No, I never took any immunotherapy yet, so far, no further cancer has been found on my follow-ups.
I just read an interesting article on a new immunotherapy trial for lymphoma, but they say it could work for breast cancer, and head and neck cancer. I hope that turns out to be a viable treatment.
Here is the article link:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/08/can...in-human-trial-of-lymphoma-patients.html

Last edited by CM57; 04-08-2019 12:54 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Enlarged left cervical lymph node in neck on 1/9/18. Male, age 60. Had retired from working as a computer technician and a project manager for almost 38 years, on 7/1/17.
Node was removed 1/16/18 and found to have SCC P16.
Chest xray clean.
Since then, PET/CT, slight activity left parotid, possible malignancy left lingual tonsil. MRI clean.
3 endoscopies, nothing seen.
2/26/18 Larryngoscopy,primary not found.
TORS 3/23/18 lingual tonsil biopsy.,biopsy negative.
Chemo/rads started 4/18/18.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users