Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197173 09-18-2018 06:40 PM
ConnieT Offline OP
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
OP Offline

I know he has to be miserable. I do have compassion but it's so frustrating because he refuses to put the toilet lid down anymore. I found the cats drinking out of it tonight. I know stuff is still coming out of his body from chemo or radiation as I'm highly allergic to him again. He HAD to wash clothes at the time I was washing mine (he always washes his stuff separately anyway) so he threw mine in the dryer and ruined some of my clothes. I had run to town to pick up a prescription for him so only gone a short time. I run the machine after he uses it which makes him angry but I'm so allergic to something coming out of him that I have to do it. If I say anything about anything, he slams doors. I'm not an angry person but I don't care how badly one feels, one does not have a right to purposely rebel and take it out on others. He thinks I am absolutely ridiculous about being meticulous for cleaning things he uses but I have to do this. I cannot afford to get sick as he needs me for all kinds of things. anyway...I needed to vent as his narcissistic behavior is wearing on me. All of the above are typical behaviors before he started treatment. The tantrums.....I'm so glad I was in classes all day and gone part of tomorrow. I want to run away.

thanks for listening and please don't judge me!

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free
ConnieT Offline OP
OP Offline

ETA. after days of eyes matted shut, I woke up with the sore throat and highly congested. Now to fight off the sinus infection from so much chemical exposure. oh boy. I've stayed well for over 6 years after a 12 yr battle with these reactions to chemicals.

If I can't fight this with my colloidal silver today, I'm going to go stay with a friend and find others to drive him. I cannot afford to go down this path again and my primary doctor moved away so I have to find a new one if it becomes an infection. Onward ho! I'm fighting the battle in order to take care of the sick!

Stage 4a HPV16 positive
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free

My husband had 35 rads and 3 heavy duty chemos and our doctors never said a thing about closing toilet lids and washing things he used. I never heard of this. Nothing my husband did thru treatment ever made me sick. I was very stressed out about the whole ordeal but he never made me physically sick. I sat with him thru his 9 hour days of chemo and I never had any problems. I just never heard of this issue.

Husband diagnosed 2/13 lower lip scc in situ 2 surgeries never scanned. 8 months later diagnosed soft palate scc stage 4A, tonsil and nodes involved. Hpv positive. Told by ENT small t1 tumor brought in to surgery for tumor removal and neck disection. Aborded surgery. Stage 4!! Finished rads and chemo Jan 2014. Grade 4 ORN of the maxilla, 30 HBOT , sinus surgery , maxilla surgery, buccal flap 4/2015. Doing good. 9-2015 red patch on soft palate , waiting to see.
ConnieT Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm starting to get well finally. I'm highly allergic to chemicals/mold, formaldehyde. Ask my realtor friends! I'm not the only one. I think my years of dentistry and working with chemicals caused my issues. My brother was in the same area of dentistry and had the same thing happen to him as well. Back in those days, no one thought much about how sick it could make us after years of exposure to acrylics and such.

My husband said there are signs on the chemo floor that says for no one but the patient to use the bathrooms. That's how I learned about it. So I looked it up....too bad the doctor lied to me but he did. I would have worn a mask earlier on rather than get as sick as I did. I can't get within 5 ft of him without respiratory issues. One more chemo treatment and then I should not have to be so mindful.

Stage 4a HPV16 positive
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members