Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Yorky46 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi christine.

Yes you are right. I have read many of the posts of members here and am in awe of their bravery.

Ive done 3 things as suggested by members on here.

Firstly, my GP has put me on anxiety medication. 100mg ammitriptyline per night. Unfortunately its not instant and can take a while to work. Hopefully this will make this journey a little easier. The tablets certainly give you dry mouth in a morning.

Second. My GP is going to refer me to have counseling. She agrees i need it whatever they find on wednesday either for cancer diagnosis or for health anxiety if not.

Third. Ive told my wife. I am so glad its out in the open now. She is coming with me next wednesday. She said we will face this together and if its bad news we will fight it together. She is fantastic and my soul mate. I love this woman and want to grow old with her. I know that once i find out what im facing i will be much stronger for her and the children

I see a max/facial consultant tomorrow for my lump on my hard palate but im not sure what they will be able to do. They will probably just say to mention the lump when i see the ENT doc on wednesday when he checks my nasal area.

Today ive had such pains behind my right eye. Im hoping this is not related to my problems. Surely i would have more pain and symptoms in my nasal and sinus's before it reached my eye.

Last edited by Yorky46; 03-09-2017 11:34 AM.
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

Hi Yorky ! I was happy to read your post in that you have been quite busy preparing. Medication and counseling play a big part in this whole picture, and having your soul mate at your side will make a tremendous difference in walking this path. I love her response when you told her ! Sounds as though she is going to be incredible strength for you.

We all will be here so please check in often and let us know how you are doing.

Sept 2002 Rt breast cancer no chemo or radiation.
March 2015 Rt tonsil cancer - walnut size lump rt side neck.
March 2015 Scan, biopsy confirm
March 2015 Port, G tube placed, 10 teeth removed.
July 2015 completed 5 chemo/35 radiations
Sept 2015 Cat Scan all clear
July 2016 G tube, port still in place
Ive had Thyroid "graves disease" and Lupus for many years.
4 kidney stone surgeries past 3 mo with over 100 stones still there !

*** Update... Jo passed away 12/20/17 ... RIP Jo ***

Yorky46 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

So ive been to see the ENT today and had a scope in my nostrils.

The scope revealed i have chronic sinusitis. He has put me on a 6 week course of antibiotics (clarithromycin) and 2 lots of nasal spray. If this doesnt clear my sinus's he will then do a ct scan. I told him i had already had 1 week of antibiotics but he aaid that wasnt enough and i needed longer with this type of antibiotic.

He thinks i may have 3 seperate problems. My sinusitis, my eye pain and the lump in my mouth that arent related to each other.

He is hoping the lump in my mouth will reduce once the antibiotics work their magic and if not will do further tests on the lump in 6 weeks.

For my eye pain, he wants me to see an ophthalmologist. He did notice that i have a ring of grey forming around the edge of my iris (my eyes are brown) which he said needs investigating. Upon reading on the net i see it could be a number of reasons ranging from contact lens trauma, high cholestrol and even age. i dont know if this is anything to do with my eye pain but the pain isnt easing so im going to get an emergency appointment tomorrow as the pain is getting me down.

So im feeling a little better about it all. I still dont have a concrete diagnosis for my hard palate lump but the ENT seems pretty sure its not sinus related. This was my main worry. I guess we shall see what happens in 6 weeks time.

Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Congrats on the great news!!! smile

Best wishes with your recovery from the problems your ENT discovered. Hoping you will heal quickly and completely.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Great to hear you're getting answers to your questions.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.
Yorky46 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks.

Im still not out of the woods yet with my lump in my mouth, i think more tests will be done when i next see him again in 6 weeks. But i feel much much better that all the symptoms are not linked.

I rang my GP today about my eye but they could only get me in for Monday. Hopefully i can get my gp to get me an urgent referral to see the ophthalmologist as its still no better.

Last edited by Yorky46; 03-16-2017 04:18 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics