I would like to thank those of you who responded to my message. It is very encouraging to know that there are still quite a few caring people who can give reassuring news. Today is a bad day for me as my voice has now dried up, leading me to believe that there must be something wrong going on. I have tried to contact the first ENT who performed a tonsillectomy on me in July of 2003. Unfortunately, all I get is a stupid answering machine. I am hopeful that this ENT will be willing to see me on a short notice and I will be demanding that he take a biopsy. I am hoping that all will go well, especially for my family as they are all on pins and needles until we get some sort of confirmation as to what is going on and the appropriate course of action to take. Its funny how when even something as simple as a common cold can strike some fear into a person who is suspected of having something wrong with them. Once again, Thank You all for responding and I will keep you all posted as to the outcome...until then, God Bless you all and keep you all strong.