Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13470 08-26-2002 05:32 AM
DaveC Offline OP
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
OP Offline
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Well, here I am 47 and feeling healthy except for this ulcer type thing in the roof of my mouth. Which, unfortunately I now know to be undifferentiated squamous cell carcinoma non-keratinizing ... funny how a sentence on a piece of paper (pathology report) can change your life. I'm glad I found this site (actually my partner kcdc found it)and have already gained a wealth of knowledge and tips on dealing with the medical world as a consumer/patient - a position I frequently put others in when working as a clinician.

Cheers, DaveC

*Stage III Right Tonsillar Ca. *Diagnosed Aug. 2002
*Surgery Sept.,Radiation Dec. 2002
*For everything else there's Mastercard.
#13471 08-26-2002 10:40 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dave & Kim,

Glad you found this site early in your diagnosis and treatment. Some of us didn't find it until after surgery and treatment. Just glad I found it at all.
This is a great group of people that can answer "almost" any question asked. Someone here has probably, been there, done that and bought the t-shirt. (Speaking of which the OCF t-shirts are great - although a bit large for me, I wear mine proudly)
Dave, since Kim has already jumped on and introduced herself and begun asking questions, I can tell you will have one of the most important things of all going for you (right up there with your attitude). That's your caregiver and partner.
I know I couldn't have made it without mine (I'd have given up when eating was too much trouble or I was tired) He was never Pollyanna, but more like the Rock of Gibralter(sp)
So although I can't answer a lot of questions, I can wish you and Kim the best and tell you - you already have a lot going for you.

Take care,
Dinah

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users