Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Patti Offline OP
OP Offline

I am really trying to get the area in which I live to start a free screening day and awareness of oral cancer. Currently it seems that most of the attention is on breast cancer and hard to get them to see other cancers and the need for awareness. Any tips on how to get help in getting the attention needed to get oral cancer attention? I would appreciate any help from those who have had success in getting free screening and or support

Patti
Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Left Tonsil, May 2009. 33 radiation treatments, Erbitux. Surgery removed tonsil, 56 lymph nodes, J-peg, did not use but was required to before treatment could be done. Lost 35 lbs.
Still having issues with saliva and lots of dental issues
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
OCF Founder
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

Please contact Susan Lauria at the OCF. She has this event situation wired and helps everyone get through their first time event. You can call Megan or Jamie at the OCF office at 949-723-4400 10-5 Pacific time monday through Friday. They will put you in touch with her. OCF will get you all the support materials you need to make it successful. Thanks for wanting to be involved. Change happens one person at a time.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Hi Patty,

I am here to help!!! I can help you organize a walk or screening event or both!!

Contact me at [email protected] and we can exchange phone numbers and talk about it!

Thanks for wanting to be involved!! As Brian said, it takes one person at a time!!

Talk to you soon!

Susan

Susan Lauria - OCF Director of Events - Always looking for volunteers to help spread the word about early detection! Contact me if you can help!

*Brother passed away from tongue cancer in 2006 at age 47, was co-caregiver, he was non-smoker/casual drinker

LETS MAKE ORAL CANCER HISTORY!

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndlors01, Kval, iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina
13,107 Registered Users