Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Charm2017 #130137 02-24-2011 02:34 PM
"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

Charm
Thank you so much for your kind words...

My sister Jo came across today...Could have been because the sun was shining! we have not seen much of it for the past month or so! She still has very dry throat and is washing loads. But I tell you Charm her first glass of wine through her peg did her so good;

She is to go for a throat x-ray and swallow test in the week or so but it was good to see her make the effort to come across.

We even managed to laugh (first time for many months her old humour shone through a little) It was when she read my last post to you saying she was obsessional and deaf..she said thanks the whole world knows now...I know that this is just a small glimmer of light and normality today but I know from you all that some things will improve and some will not.

Her head is still very muzzy so she does not feel able to contribute to OCF but said she will do when she feel able to but she even admitted herself she had a good day today.

Many blessings to you all.
Love Kathie

Kathie

sister diagnosed June 2010 back of tongue 30 intensive RT and 2 chemo (will confirm what stage later) finished treatment Sept 2010. Peg dependent unable to swallow. 6 teeth removed prior to treatment. HPV?
Sue G #130139 02-24-2011 02:52 PM
"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

Dear Sue

thank you for your kind words.

She suffered from that rotten mucus a number of months ago but that eventually went and as you will know is overtaken by dry mouth and throat.

She was given the aniseed stuff and like you could not tolerate it at all. Have made a note of Biotene and she is going to ask her doctor about it on her next visit.

She does not apply herself to anything for long as her head is still very fuzzy but as soon as this goes she hopes to join the OCF...She took such heart from your letter which I read to her.

Also took Charm's tip and had a glass of wine through her peg
which she really enjoyed (it was so nice to see her laugh) she only had one glass!

She is to have another swallow test; they are going to try thicker fluid but she has had this before and no good. She cannot take water at all as it just comes back down her nose.

Today was a good day Sue and I know you all have your good days and your bad days.

God bless and love to all.
Kathie

sister diagnosed June 2010 back of tongue 30 intensive RT and 2 chemo (will confirm what stage later) finished treatment Sept 2010. Peg dependent unable to swallow. 6 teeth removed prior to treatment. HPV?
EricS #130143 02-24-2011 03:25 PM
"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

Dear Eric

What a reply; it was so kind Eric...and thank you so much for everything you said.

My sister Jo came across today; I was so glad she made the effort...Her head is still very fuzzy from treatment and she does not seem to be able to deal with going on line at present but I know when she has moved on a little she will be here; I read your replies to her and she took such heart from them all.

We even managed to get a laugh and you guys helped so much with that.

And what about the glass of wine through the peg...a small step Eric but a positive one.

Yes you are all "survivors" "heroes" and "warriors"and today you helped another survivor have a good day.

Have taken on board everything you said and thank you so much.
I am sure you have also been an inspiration to so many others.

God Bless Eric
Love Kathie

Anne-Marie #130144 02-24-2011 03:34 PM
"OCF across the pond"
"OCF across the pond"

Anne-Marie

Thank you so much for your reply; Yes I do hope my Jo finds her "why" and I am sure she will...You will see from my replies to Charm, Eric and Sue she had a good day today;

Feel such affection for you all.

God Bless Anne-Marie
and thanks
Kathie

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics