Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
Supporting Member (50+ posts)

WOW. I know withdrawals can suck. I fortunately was not able to take the fetanyl as they were too strong for me. I have however been on Oxycodone for about 2 years off and on (mainly on) and am not addicted but have had withdrawals on occasion. I do believe that drugs can be addicting but I also believe that some people have addictive personalities which makes it easier to be addicted to something. I am not a big drug taker so getting addicted to something would be hard for me. All of my drugs and food go through a g tube and what I have done with getting of meds was to decrease the amount slowly through cutting the pills or getting it in liquid form so you can decrease the amount slowly and you body slowly gets used to less and less of the drug. And if you need to take a Tylenol along with the lessor amount or instead of the pain meds so your body is still getting something for pain but not the patch.

I hope you are able to find something to help so you can get back to getting sleep and feeling better.

31 at dx 9/06
SCC T4N0M0 with bone invasion upper maxillary
Surgery 10/06
CT's clear for 2 years
2nd recurrence - Laser surgery 1/09 dx
Tumor board - No surgery to invasive for QOL
35 IMRT 3/30/09 Completed 5/15/09
8 tx Erbitux 3/24/09 Completed 5/6/09
HBO for ORN March & April 2010
Fibula flap 5/10
"OCF Down Under"
Senior Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
"OCF Down Under"
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Hi guys,

Thanx for the advice. Its now 6 days since i've gone off the fentanyl and i have started to feel better!!! Yay!!! Still not getting much sleep but at least i'm not walking around like a zombie and started to "feel" again. Since going off the fentanyl, i've noticed pain from where i had the surgery but nothing i cant handle so all is good. I've also started excercising again. I climbed 750 stairs today!! I used to climb 2225 steps everday five days a week, so not quite there yet but getting there!!!

OCF have been a lifesaver for me. I want to thank everyone who responded to my posts. Without them i'm sure i would have gone crazy with worry and would have suffered severe depression. I'm happy to say that i feel pretty good these days (apart from the withdrawal periods), no depression. Pretty much my happy self before cancer. Yes i still have days where i'm scared sh..less but then its only human to feel like that so i'm cool with it.

Posters like Erics, Charm, Davidcp, Christine, EzJim, Gabe, Anne Marie, and Karen are really insprirational to me and i really appreciate all that you guys do for the people on this website.

Minh

35 Yrs old
03/10 SCC T1-T2
Partial Glossectemy end March - margins not clear enough.
While waiting for resection - cancer returned,2 new cancerous lumps
Re-section End May & flap from cheek attatched. Margins clear.
Mid June - 4 teeth out
Mid July -32 Rads and 3 Cisplatin
6th Sept 10 Finished Treatment!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Eva Grayzel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912