Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bailey4 Offline OP
Senior Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline
Senior Member (100+ posts)

Well, my daughter had treatment for a tongue cancer, finishing on 3/6/07. 35 IMRT, 2 Cisplatin/Carbo. Drs. told her it was basically gone at 5 weeks of IMRT, couldn't feel a thing.
Pet showed lil' activity at lateral edge. Rad. onc. said scar tissue, will repeat in 3 months, should be less or gone. Not worried....
Surgeon feels nothing. Oncologist feels nothing.
Rad. onc. feels nothing. Surgeon was worried a couple weeks ago about her slurring....and swellling, but couldn't feel anything. This past week saw her and swelling was down. BUT, CT scans show a 'necrotic lesion'. Wants it biopsied. Sent us to another surgeon. They felt tumor! Could it be scar tissue? Oh, we are just a mess...... How could these Doctors feel her tongue every week for 5 months and not feel it. And the new Surgeon feels it right away?????
Anyway, biopsy on Wed. Possible surgery WITH 2nd course of radiation and chemo. Scared! Any thoughts on these concerns. Anyone with second course or radiation. How bout those have had debulking of tumor w/ chemo & radiation then had surgery? Please, any advice welcome and PRAYers.

Jordan's Mom. Linda
She fought the fight with courage, hope and dedication. Ten months of battling tongue cancer. They thought they had it after each treatment. Not to be. Christa died at 32 y/o in Nov. '07.
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Bailey4,

You have my prayers, I'm sorry I have no advice for you other than to take a deep breath and wait for the biopsy results. I pray that it's negative.

Tim

Tim Stoj
60 yr old. Dx Jun 06 with BOT Stage IV. Neck dissesction on 19 Jun 06. Started Tx on 21 Aug 06/completed 33 IMRTs and 3 CT (2 Cisplat & 1 Carboplat) on 5 Oct 06.
Senior Member (75+ posts)

BAILEY
Sorry to hear about your daughter. I had a freind of mine told me to go to Rochester Mayo, and I felt safe in there hands. If it was any of my children thats whare I would go. You also will have my prayers.

Tongue Cancer, stage 4, spread to neck/ Radical neck, 3 chemos, 33 radiation. 5-18-2005

I ditto what dogman says. I went to Mayo and I felt so safe there. I positively love my surgeon. He is very straight forward and to the point, but in such a caring and compassionate manner. I also never, ever felt rushed or that my concerns were downplayed, not ever. Though I would never choose to repeat all of this, my experience there made it the best it all could be. I don't think I am supposed to give a name here, but if you are interested in knowing this surgeon's name, send me a PM and I'll let you know.

I'll be praying for your daughter.

God Bless,

Amy

Dx 11/30/2006 Stage I SCC of gum/surgery 01/12/07 resection of the right posterior mandible with a right buccal transpositional flap 3 teeth removed/reconstruction to come in 9-12 months
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

We are new to this whole process and still often dazed and confused. Although we are impressed with the kindness and compassion and confidence of the oral cancer clinic at Froedert. I noticed that you are in WI, are you near the Milw area?

I will pray for you and your daughter and truly hope that the biopsy does not show cancer.

Hugs,

Margaret

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

I am so sorry to hear of your new worries,i find it very unerving the amount of people on the boards at the moment who are going through the same nightmare and i wish you all good results.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320
13,105 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23