"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
OP Offline
"OCF across the pond"

Thanks sweetie
nice to see you back xx

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
Cookey #103210 09-09-2009 10:33 AM
Cookey Offline OP
"OCF across the pond"
OP Offline
"OCF across the pond"

There are no words

Mr.Dhamecha

On 5th September 2008 the professional conduct committee found your fitness to practise impaired by reason of your misconduct. This finding was due to two occasions in October 2006 when you failed to observe a significant lesion on a patients tongue. These omissions did not cause or contribute to the patients death however the PCC found that they were serious omissions which impacted on and breached the duty of the profession to protect patients from harm.

The committee imposed conditions upon your practise for a period of twelve months. Those conditions required you to attend continuing professional development courses relating to recognition and management of oral mucosa disorders and to maintain a reflective log concerning the presentation and management of a selection of patients with oral mucosal disorders.
Today the committee has heard submissions relating to the findings of the original hearings of this case. The committee has also heard from Mr Horne on your behalf as well as receiving the benefit of several live testimonial witnesses who were able to give evidence in relation to your character and clinical capabilities. The committee has also heard and accepted the advice of a legal advisor.
The committee has looked carefully at the log created by you in respect of your patients with oral mucosal disorders. It was impressed to note that you included all of your patients that fell into this category rather than just limiting to yourself to a selection as requested. The committee was also impressed to note that you fulfilled a greater number of hours than were requested of you.
The committee was impressed by your oral evidence. Your continued insight into your shortcomings you demonstrated in October 2006 and the regret at your oversights were very apparent. The committee is assured that you have taken all the steps you can in order to ensure that such a situation will not arise again.
The committee noted the positive testimonials and references put before it. The evidence about you by your live witnesses was of considerable weight .Two of your witnesses had detailed professional knowledge of your work and both spoke well of you and of the high standards you aspire to. A third witness is your dental nurse and she considers you to be the best dentist she has worked with. The confidence that all the witnesses have in your ability as a practitioner and your strength of character as a person is also of great assurance to the committee.
You have demonstrated through the documentation presented, your own evidence and the evidence of your witnesses that you are competent hard working fractioned who has learnt from past mistakes. The committee is in no doubt that you doing not pose a risk to patients nor does it see that there is any public interest in continuing to affect your registration in any way. The committee has therefore decided to revoke the conditions on your registration with immediate effect.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
Cookey #103216 09-09-2009 01:48 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

This really is a smack in the mouth.
This is a perfect example of an "Old Boys Club" ..next thing they will be giving him an award..they should be ashamed of themselves.

Caregiver to husband Pete, Dx 4/03 SCC Base of Tongue Stage IV. Chemo /Rad no surgery. Treatment finished 8/03. Doing great!
Marica #103225 09-09-2009 04:16 PM
"OCF Down Under"
"OCF Down Under"

Sorry Liz and I can see why you have no words...I do...
F%&+#@ng H#!**

History Leukoplakia bx 8/2006 SCC floor mouth T3N0M0- Verrucous Carcinoma.
14 hour 0p SCC-Right ND/excision/marginal mandibulectomy 9/2006, 4 teeth removed, flap from wrist, trach-ng 6 days- no chemo/rad.
6 ops and debulking (flap/tongue join) + bx's 2006-2012.
bx Jan 2012 Hyperkeratosis-Epithelial Dysplasia
24cm GIST tumour removed 8/2013. Indefinite Oral Chemo.

1/31/16 passed away peacefully surrounded by family

Gabe #103232 09-09-2009 06:06 PM
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

This obviously is a travesty and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

Apparently you have done all you can to remove this incompetent person from contact with his patients.

I hope you can find it possible to put this behind you now and go forward knowing that at least your family here knows that this guy is a menace to society as well as a cheat and a liar.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"

A sad day in the dental world.
Keeping this guy in practice helps no one in my opinion.
As Jerry says I hope you can get past this and heal.
I'm here if you need me.
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Cheers,
Mike

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users