Rick,

Did your doctor's give you a schedule for taking your anti nausea meds? My husband had the same first dosage as DavidCPA and he took all the meds per the schedule and he did not get any nausea. Everyone is different, but do try to take those anti nausea meds on schedule even if you are feeling fine.

I know several people who didn't need the neck dissection post treatment because the rad and chemo took care of the issue...cross your fingers and hope you will fall into that category! :-)

I'm quite sure you will lose at least 20 pounds. I think it is odd that your doc put that amount to the criteria for the tube. It wasn't nausea that got my husband, rather the inability to eat. He went from 200 to 155 and that all happened towards the end of treatment very rapidly. I wished he had gotten a peg, but our doctor had this belief that starving the patient meant starving the cancer...but, I believe the healing can go more rapidly if there is a tube in place to get much needed protein, meds and fluids.

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.