Thank you Claudia. It is a horrible disease and I hope they continue to find a way to beat it so less and less people have to suffer. I am a very upbeat person and it's hard to get me down. I wouldn't let them operate this week or next because some friends are visiting and I am going to show them around and hike a little. Then after surgery I have to get better for softball and tennis. That may be wishful thinking but that is my goal. Plus I have to meet a lot of friends in the fall at Lexington for the horse races. It's always good to have a goal. I trained horses for a better part of my life and always dealt with broken bones. It never stopped me at all. I know it is hard to keep on sometimes and stay positive but I am relentless and never give up. I have a great support system and that really helps. I have had great nurses and caregivers and I told them what a blessing they were. All I have been around were very giving and caring and it sure makes dealing with the illness and recovery easier to deal with.

Richard

8/06 Dx; T3N1 SCC rt lat tongue & nodes. 9/06 part gloss, neck dissection. 9/06-12/06 35XRT; Cisplatin 3x. 2/08 & 5/08 Part gloss; Brachy 2x5 Tx. 7/08-10/08 HBO 60 Tx. 3/08 Dx SCC. Surgery 4/7/09 glossectomy & rt mandible replacement from fibula. 1/31/12 4th reoccur surgery and reconstruct cheek.