I never lost my voice or the ability to swallow. I lost all taste and saliva. I might not get either back but will live. I have trouble swallowing at night while in bed. Nothing there to swallow but the urge and I have to cough a little , sit up and then it works. Hummm?? Weird things can occur. I remember waking up after my 1st surgery at OHIO State James CCC and the nurse filling a needle with some thing. I ask her what she was doing. She told me I have to put this in thru this tube because you can't swallow. I told her to put it in my mouth and give me water. It went down , no problem..That was the begining of my beingt told I am 1 of a kind. I wish. might be true seeing as I am scheduled for a 2nd aortic anneurysm surgery the 21st and monday to see the surgeon about my tongue jaw and throat hurting very bad when I try to eat. Anneurysm is 1 in a million chnace of returing. Wish I was like that with the Lotto. LOL

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here