We are NE from David and S from Stephanie. It was in the 60's in the early AM and is dropping to the 30's later this evening. It is 50 outside but not cold enough inside for the heat to go on. Now I feel chilly inside.
I have to go look for my earmuffins because we are going to the Menorah lighting later this afternoon. It will be on a plazza over looking a bend of the Mississippi River and the wind can be very strong there. This year the menorah will be lit by newcomers to New Orleans. We are still in recovery mode and appreciate all the goodness which has come our way from individuals up to foreign governments. Many people have helped in many ways. Those who have chosen to move here are a special class of people who have come in spite of the challenges of living here.
It is a powerful sight to see the huge Menorah burning as the ships pass on this great river which is still the backbone of America. Goods and materials from almost the whole Northern continent and all over the world pass through here via a network of ships, barges, railroad and trucks. Every year I am reminded that here in the USA all are free to believe in and openly practice their particular faith with neither limitation nor coercion from the government. No one has to be hide nor pretend to be what they aren't. May this soon be the norm everywhere.

WARM wishes to all,
Malka

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF