Good news today.
I had a "double date" - saw the ENT at ll AM and the Urologist at 1 PM. CT showed no difference in the kidneys since last year. That means come January it will be 5 years for the kidneys.
The ENT told me to come back after the other appointment. In the meantime he spoke w the surgeon who then met with us and told us what to expect and took a few mug shots. I asked about the actual proceedure because I find the details fascinating. He showed us a photo of a free flap (real) and I thought my husband was going to fall off the chair. I think he looked at the camera and not the picture when he saw that it was a red mass! grin
I now have a date for the surgery - December 11. I will not be able to put weight on my leg for a while. Big problem - we have a two story townhouse with no bedroom downstairs and only a half bath. I told the ENT I could always go outside and be hosed down instead of taking a shower or bath. He said I may have to go to a rehab center for a while after discharge. Oh well, that's a Scarlet problem - I'll worry about it tomorrow.
I want to thank all who have been so informative and supportive about the free flap surgery. A special tearful thanks for Minnie. Her response helped me make this decission.
Malka

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF