Hello Tamara,
Reading your post made my heart ache for you and everyone who is going through this with you, Kyle and your children. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine the depth of fear and heartache you certainly must be feeling. We lost Eddie's dad this past spring to small cell lung cancer, the hospice team that came in were wonderful as they took care of him and made him as pain free as possible. I recall that they wouldn't answer his children's questions as to what to expect exactly, I think because everyone is different that is a tough question to answer. I believe your "family" here at the OCF will answer you honestly through all of their own experiences. I think I read above someone saying that here at the OCF you are never alone, I found that to be very true last year going through my mom's tx's.
I hope that you find some of the answers you are seeking. I think, well, I know I would be very much like you. I would need to know what to expect. Don't be afraid to share with the team Kyle has answers/suggestions you will find in reading posts from here. They are very valuable, anything that gives us hope is worth a try. I hope you find peace.
Much love,
Donna

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.