Hi Markus,

Under ordinary circumstances, implants are are by far, always the best alternative, whenever they are possible.

I assume that the problems that you are referring to is the possibility of ORN. When you add in the need for HBO treatments, you are certainly going to lower the risk for this, but not entirely remove it.

Trying to picture your missing tooth situation over the internet is very difficult. Where you had the teeth extracted as a kid, have the spaces closed or are they still there? You also don't mention which teeth are below the missing #2. Do you have a lower second molar #31, which would occlude with the missing #2?

Doing a bridge to replace #2 using the wisdom tooth as an end abutment is usually not a good idea as upper wisdom are usually very short with cone shaped roots.

With a little more details, I may be able to zero in on more advice. Of course, you must have good periodontal health, in order for implants to even be considered.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"