Recently tooth #2 bit the dust and had to be extracted (#1 is still there). No problems, except for the fact that for a day I had an oral-antral communication. Needless to say that this puzzled me then! This healed very rapidly and I was eating "normally" after day 2.
The question is this I am thinking about longer term strategies. Implants are a possibility, but given the potential problems I wonder if this is worth it? I.e. am I asking for trouble.
Other than 2 wisdom teeth (left) I am missing 4 premolars (one in each quadrant), the latter were taken when I was a kid, together with 2 milk teeth for each premolar. Hence my aversion to certain professions... sorry guys. This came full circle and bit me you know where.

The radiation damage is not too bad, but but I still have to go back for several fillings.....
What are the non binding opinions of the dental folks on this. Leave well enough alone or aim to keep at least (1 premolar and 2 (or 1?) molars). In this case that would mean do nothing for the upper right quadrant which would be my preference.

Thanks for your input (Jerry, Mike?)

Markus

Partial glossectomy (25%) anterior tongue. 4/6/07/. IMRT start @5/24/07 (3x) Erbitux start/end@ 5/24/07. IMRT wider field (30x) start 6/5/07. Weekly cisplatin (2x30mg/m2), then weekly carbo- (5x180mg/m2). End of Tx 19 July 07.