Kim, I do not mean to seem rude or to brush you off, but if you are really interested in these kinds of alternative ideas there are a ton of web sites out there where these ideas are promoted, discussed, advocated for, and even have some people posting that have tried them. As you can see we don't have a population of alternative treatment people here. For these kinds of questions I suggest that you post them on one of the other forums around the web. The OCF web site itself has information that is vetted by doctors on our science advisory board. http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/about/advisory.htm This forum (in the background) is watched by 6 different doctors and 4 different oncology nurses, who while not contributors (liability issues and the grey area of medical advice giving) help ensure that the volunteer's advise and information here is useful, not harmful, and without correcting every little MINOR discrepancy - accurate. While I get criticized frequently for being the one that jumps into a discussion to correct people, and some like to take me to task for that... it is often because one of the background monitors has brought the thread to my attention. (Sorry David, it is not me alone that is the forum posting Nazi.) That does not even include the doctors we have here who have been patients themselves.

So we run a "open public forum" that has limits. It is not a democracy, nor can people say anything they wish here. Therein (combined with the fact that some of what you are asking has already been covered before -use the search engine first) lies why you will not find many reply's to your queries. I do not know how many different ways I can state this to you. It is also why Gary uses the delete button for posters and posts when necessary.

You will not find a lot of support in the forum or answers from people about this, because as a group we generally believe in engaging in treatments that have proven track records, though some of the time we wish these track records were better.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.