Angel,

I am so sorry that this year has been such a battle, first your husband dying on Valentine's Day and now this.

Please consider getting a second opinion at a Comprehensive Cancer Center. Someone will probably chime in with one that is in the Georgia vacinity...I would have to look it up (surely there is one in Atlanta.)
This diagnosis calls for "big guns" .....doctors and facilities experienced in head and neck cancers and treatment protocols. I know you feel overwhelmed and scared..I have been there and just the act of calling and setting an appt. with a Cancer Center seemed so hard but, once you make the call, they will guide you in the right direction.

You have come to the right place to get opinions and support...stick with us and we will help you thru the upcoming weeks. Lots of people here have been thru this storm and are able to give you invaluable information. Start reading the forums for answers to questions you probably already have. If you can't find information by reading...ask...someone will answer. We are here.

Deb

Deb..caregiver to husband, age 63 at diagnosis, former smoker who quit in 1997.
DIAGNOSIS: 6/26/07 SCC right tonsil/BOT T4N0M0
TREATMENT START: 8/9/07 cisplatin/taxol X 7..IMRT twice daily X 31.5.
TREATMENT END: 10/1/07
PEG OUT: 1/08
PORT OUT: 4/09
FOLLOWUP: Now only annual exams. ALL CLEAR!

Passed away 1/7/17 RIP Bill