Deb - my BIL is one strange nut. I believe in his narrow-minded world that he thinks this "juice" would honestly help Dan. He also believes that cancer treatment is poison and that if you take this juice and pray more, etc. then you would be ok. He also does not have health insurance - moran. Dan told me tonight that he guessed he was just going to have to call Blue Cross and sign his brother up and we would pay it for him. His wife has MS so she is covered by Medicaid? or Medicare? I get the two of them confused. Reading between the lines I also think my BIL believes that Dan did this to himself by not being "as good of a Christian" as he is... Pretty insane and the kind of person that gives Christianity and hypocrisy, etc. a bad name. Dan's always been a very loving and loyal son, brother, father and husband and even though he may not attend church every sunday he has very good morals and family values... His BIL attends every Sunday, but has been in jail for a couple of years. Has done drugs, is an alchoholic (sober for a year though!!), has abandoned two of his children and is lazy as the day is long. So it irritates the crap out of me for him to say this stuff and when he says it to Dan it's like he's second-guessing Dan. And for all his faults - Dan loves him. And of course Dan hates the treatment and the further we go the harder it is and he's human so of course on occasion he wants to quit and then his BIL feeds into that. (Don't worry though - we're not quitting.)
Sorry that went so long - he gets my BP up and I just go on and on :-) and I've only shared about 1% with yall.

Michelle, CG to husband (45), DX 2/08 Stage IVa Adenocarcinoma Salivary Gland (T2N2bMO)
Parotidectomy & ND 2/08, Tumor margins not clear, 4 of 30 nodes positve for cancer,
TX IMRT 39x, cisplatin 7x (completed 5/1/08),
PEG (4/22 - 7/9), No port. Currently in remission!