ME again...Im sorry, I misread your post at first...but i think i can still help you. I also had Polyps and Nodules over ten years back and had my vocal cords STRIPPED (without my permission as the surgeon took it upon himself to not wake me up thinking it is what I would have wanted grr). It did take a while to come back UNTIL I found a great speech therapist...but yep, do wait til after the radio. All the things I just mentioned in my last post apply...esp the vocal steamer...get one right away...you will notice a difference. I have been singing professionally (full time...yep...its my real job haha) for well over ten years SINCE my cords were stripped right up until my tongue op (AFTER the first op on my vocal cords) DONT let anyone tell you your voice is "as good as its gonna get"...it gets better everyday even just a little bit that you dont even notice... and try and find a singers speech therapist (a good vocal and/or music school will help you)..Breathing excersises are also good to heal your vocal chords and throat. BTW try to write more...whispering can do more damage as frustrating as it is...try and aim for one day a week where you just write your answers. People who love you will help you more than you think...get a white board to carry around. Give your voice a really good rest and you will soon see the difference. BTW I agree with your radiotherapist...just wait...its only time...and it will FLY. Email me if you need more support and hints. Just listen to your Drs and the VERY wise people on here...they have been through EVERYTHING and more and will help you through this...publically or privately...whichever you prefer. There is so much support and love here it is mindblowing!
Again love and take care and dont worry! Lyn

Tongue Cancer SCC Removal of 2/3 of right side tongue, neck disection-34 lymph nodes removed. flap for new tongue made from left wrist in 2007. Now (mid 2011) speech has been back to normal since early 2009, and Im back working as a singer. So far so good!
2016... Still cancer free! Yay.