Donna,
I also have twelve years in the Catholic school institutional system - 4 of that in an all male Catholic college prep school. I am a non-denominational Christian now, for that very reason, and there are many ex-Catholics here at my church. This is not meant to 'dis" Catholicism - there are many out there who "get it", have a personal relationship with their Creator and live examined and fulfilled lives.

I too have heard some absolutely bogus eulogies from various Catholic priests (including my own mothers funeral) over the years but have also been remarkably surprised by some exceptionally good ones as well. Like everything else - it's all luck of the draw.

This may also be a trigger for deeper anger issues that you may need to deal with at some point in time. My wife had a total meltdown after I was done with treatment and she still has fears. Remember, also, that you are actively grieving your pre cancer life and anger is very much a component of the grieving process.

We are VERY slowly getting to to where we were post Dx and that was 5 years and a few weeks ago.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)