I don't think I can count - today is actually treatment # 8.

At this point I feel good about the calorie and fluid intake. He drinks a lot of propel throughout the day or gatorade and he's eating something each meal - even if he has to "root around" to pick something he likes - he's also snacking on ice cream. His portion size is way down from before and I don't think there's a chance in hell of gaining the 5 lbs the RO wants, but at this point I can't complain. He's pretty positive about it so far too - I think he feels a little bad for me when I cook now and he doesn't like it. He wants a big juicy steak from his favorite eatery tonight and plans to pick up dinner from there on hihs way home - that's him "cooking" since I'm tied up with our son today. I really really pray that he can enjoy that steak at least one last time.
He sees the RO today and hopefully they will talk about all that's going on. I hate to miss the appointment, but of course not a choice with our son's surgery today. Hopefully this will be the last thing I miss.

Thanks for all your comments/feedback/suggestions. It is so helpful to have you guys!

Oh - RO is just real anal about weight. Hubby is at least 50 lbs overweight, so not gaining the 5 lbs won't make or break it at this point - I hope.

Michelle, CG to husband (45), DX 2/08 Stage IVa Adenocarcinoma Salivary Gland (T2N2bMO)
Parotidectomy & ND 2/08, Tumor margins not clear, 4 of 30 nodes positve for cancer,
TX IMRT 39x, cisplatin 7x (completed 5/1/08),
PEG (4/22 - 7/9), No port. Currently in remission!