There are also at least 2 cookbooks listed on the OCF webpage for books that have excellent recipes. But I like the idea of having just one thread in the forum for recipes. That way they are all in one place for anyone to find. If we do that, someone should definitely search pasr posts in other fora for the word "recipe" since I know good recipes (including mine for vampire-scaring cream of garlic/onion soup) have been posted elsewhere in the past.

We could also share info. that we get from nutritionists. As well as information about exercises that help strengthen swallowing muscles that can be done even when you are in too much pain to swallow (for eaxmple, the Shaker exercise, which has some good research showing how effective it is).

The nutritionist at my hospital was pretty hopeless by the way (but I was treated at a CCC radiation oncology outpost connected to a smaller hospital so it did not have all the staff a CCC would). I did get nutrition drink samples from the oncology nurse who worked with my RO and the nutritionist taught me the basics of PEG care and cleaning, but there could have been a lot better support.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"